Shruti Kansara ’18, who spent the early part of her childhood living in India before moving to the United States, always knew she’d return abroad at some point, but it wasn’t until coming to Bryant that she realized her uniquely global perspective would lead to the perfect course of study.
Kansara’s first-year orientation leaders – her first mentors on campus – introduced her to Bryant’s International Business program, which immediately piqued her interest. Though she had never intended to study business, Kansara was drawn to the global focus of the International Business program, which resonated with her upbringing and interests. She quickly claimed it as her major.
Since then, she’s traveled to China as part of the Sophomore International Experience and studied abroad for four months in the south of France. Kansara credits these experiences with helping her become a global citizen. “I am more than willing to go wherever a company needs me to go at any point, just because I feel so much more comfortable with it now than I did before I got here.”
While seeking out mentors within her field who she felt represented her, she became determined to excel and inspire future leaders. “It gave me more motivation to want to succeed ... so that in the future, when professors talk about people in these positions, they would think of a former student,” says Kansara. “I want to help some of the younger students who come onto our campus find representatives and role models to look up to who are similar to them and who come from the same backgrounds.”
Now an International Business major preparing to graduate, Kansara is leading a Women’s Development Initiative with the Office of Residence Life that will connect female underclassmen with female executives in underrepresented fields. After graduation, she aspires to a consulting position that will enhance her international portfolio.
- President of the Panhellenic Council, which governs all sororities on the Bryant campus. Promoted leadership, diversity, scholastic achievement, and service by strengthening relationships between campus Greek organizations.
- First-place winner of the CIBER Case Challenge; analyzed an international business case, developed a solution, and presented findings to a high power panel of judges.
- Fosters relationships and offers guidance to students on campus. Co-founder of Women’s Development Initiative, Bryant’s first living learning community
- Institute for American Universities, Aix-en-Provence, France, where she studied Art History and French Culture
- Orientation leader
- Innovation and Design Experience for All (IDEA) mentor working with Class of 2021 and Bryant Zhuhai students
- Member of Delta Zeta sorority
- Omicron Delta Kappa, national leadership honor society
- Order of Omega, national Greek life honor society
- Beta Gamma Sigma, business studies international honor society
- Resale Revenue and Segment Performance Intern, Ticketmaster: Analyzed sales data and inventory to gauge performance; discovered a new segment for Ticketmaster by analyzing market performance
- Data Analyst, Bryant University Center for Diversity and Inclusion: Analyzed internal University demographics to create reports for University officials
- Intern at Creative Talents Worldwide: Created digital and content marketing for luxury and fashion clients worldwide; communicated with international clients in English, French, and Hindi while abroad in France
- Chapter Adviser, HerCampus Media: Managed eight university chapters to coordinate events throughout the Northeast
Bryant's purposeful student life delivers co-curricular immersion with an inspiring, collegial community. Students forge deep connections that last a lifetime.