Shaina Ostrov '17
Global Supply Chain Management, a field that puts efficiency under the microscope and demands innovative solutions, was seemingly made for Shaina Ostrov ’17. “I love taking apart processes,” she says. “And I like to reinvent the wheel.”
She might not have discovered it, however, if she hadn’t gone to Bryant University. “I didn't know about supply chain before I came to Bryant. I knew I wanted business and I knew I wanted to go in and improve processes somewhere,” says Ostrov. “But I didn't know what, exactly, was the right major for me.”
She found what she was looking for in an operations management class. “I started learning more and more about supply chain and I absolutely loved it,” she says. “I loved looking at quality. I loved looking at logistics and finding the most efficient process.”
For her Supply Chain capstone project, Ostrov worked with CVS Health to improve the efficiency of their Chicago metropolitan area operations. Her group looked at every aspect of the process to improve efficiency. Their work could potentially save CVS millions of dollars.
“It was amazing to see how all these little tweaks and changes that people might ignore can add up to huge cost savings,” says Ostrov. “The experience made me excited to go into the workforce and keep doing that.”
Ostrov is currently taking part in United Technologies Operations Leadership Program, a selective development program that rotates participants through a variety of roles. She’s been prepared for whatever the new job entails, though, by a Bryant education in a field she loves.
“Bryant does a great job bringing the real world into the classroom,” she says, “and at bringing us into the real world us as well.”
Real World Experience
Nestle Waters North America – Information Systems demand supply planning Intern
• Worked on optimizing processes across a variety of projects and areas, automated a Business Objects Inventory Report saving employees across the country twelve hours weekly and $312,000 annually
Supply Chain Leadership Association
• Assisted in execution of industry speaker and networking events
American Production and Inventory Control Society Executive Board, Vice President of Programs
• Responsible for planning, developing, and organizing programs required by the student chapter manual, ensured that appropriate records were maintained in conformance with the manual
LEARN Weekend participant
• Gained knowledge and experience regarding how to be an effective leader and a role model through leadership development activities
Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority
• As Vice President of New Member Education, planned and executed the sorority’s New Member Education Program, as Philanthropic chair organized philanthropic events and served as liaison with charitable organizations
• Served as a peer mentor for exploratory students considering their major and career options
Relay for Life: Logistics Committee
• Responsible for all of the logistics involved in a 14-hour event in support of the American Cancer Society
A Connected Community
Bryant's purposeful student life delivers co-curricular immersion with an inspiring, collegial community. Students forge deep connections that last a lifetime.
For a talented Accounting and Applied Analytics student, understanding the big picture includes passing on what he’s learned.
There are no full time faculty that match this filter
There are no adjuncts that match this filter
Helping people lead better lives "is always on my mind, whether it’s in the classroom or a therapy session. Learning about psychology can help, no matter what one’s goals are.”