Pallak Bhandari '18
At Bryant Pallak Bhandari ’18 became more than just an accounting and finance student. She grew into a next-level problem solver who understands that numbers often don’t tell the whole story. Today, she is a Digital Risk Solutions Associate withi PwC in Boston.
From the start, Bhandari learned the value of thinking outside the box to solve real-world business problems. Beginning with Bryant’s innovative First-Year Gateway experience, which all students take, she learned creativity and collaboration skills, as well as a brainstorming pioneered by some of the world's most creative companies.
Through her International Business concentrations in finance and accounting, she’s continued to focus on new ways to solve problems. At Bryant, that means looking beyond the hard numbers to the bigger picture.
In courses associated with the Archway Investment Fund (AIF) — Bryant’s investment portfolio managed by Bryant finance students — she explores impact investing alongside traditional investing. Impact investing is a new area of finance that aims to create social and environmental impact along with an investment return. “It’s the idea that we can use business to resolve problems, which is what attracted me,” says Bhandari, who is a portfolio manager for the fund.
Along the way, she’s relied on her finance mentors. “Professor Ascioglu — she spearheads the impact investing movement for us within the AIF. Professor Derderian, she makes sure that everyone understands finance in the simplest terms possible.”
For accounting, a focus on solutions drew her into the field. Discussions with Professor Lynch and Bryant’s PwC Challenge, an annual case competition, created the spark. “I realized accounting is not just taxes. There's so much more you can do with it,” says Bhandari. “So I ended up interning with PwC in their risk assurance group, working to prevent another incident like Enron.”
Real World Experience
• Analyzed a business problem, developed a solution, and delivered a presentation for a panel of high-level PwC professionals
Risk Assurance Intern: Financial Services, PwC
• Assisted with the development of risk assessments and audit plans, the execution of internal controls and SOX; participated in select portions of internal controls and internal or external audits
Growth Channel Intern, Hasbro Inc.
• Worked with the Director of Business Management to implement best practices and exception reporting through MS Excel to maximize points of sale and secure incremental orders to ultimately achieve divisionship goals
Honors Capstone Project: a comparative study researching trends and sustainability reporting in corporate governance in India and the US
Attended the 28th annual Sustainable Responsible Impact (SRI) Investing Conference
• Received full scholarship from SRI Conference committee to attend one of the industry's biggest finance conferences focusing on environmental, social, and governance factors, and thematic investing in corporate investments
• Networked within a diverse group of 800 professionals, activists, and thought leaders at the conference
4MILE Orientation Leader
• Led students through this special program designed to help multicultural and international students transition to living in the United States
• Mentored students at Burrillville Middle School
A Connected Community
Bryant's purposeful student life delivers co-curricular immersion with an inspiring, collegial community. Students forge deep connections that last a lifetime.
Managed more than $1.2 million of real money through the Archway Investment Fund
There are no full time faculty that match this filter
There are no adjuncts that match this filter
Energy, engagement, and passion are hallmarks of Professor Roberto's award-winning teaching style. “I have a lot of enthusiasm and hope it’s contagious."