Nina Luiggi '18
Nina Luiggi ’18 has always been interested in psychology. “I think people are fascinating,” she says, “and I want to know what's going on in their minds and what makes them who they are.”
Recognized in 2017 with a New England Psychological Association Honorary Undergraduate Scholar Award, she’s already begun to make her mark in her chosen field. Today, Luiggi is a research executive at Ipsos MORI in London.
Luiggi came to Bryant to push her boundaries.
“I really liked the well-rounded nature of Bryant's education and how it would give me a flavor of both business and the liberal arts,” she says.
“I had lots of different interests,” explains Luiggi, a Division I tennis player who was named a NEC 2017 Spring Scholar-Athlete for her record of excellence both on and off the court. “So I thought, if I can keep my options open and explore them, that would be ideal.”
Her interdisciplinary Design Thinking Process class allowed her to mix those interests. The course integrated strategic management principles, high-level behavioral science concepts, and design thinking methods to help Fidelity Investments develop a strategy to encourage young investors to save for retirement.
“I truly believe I grew as a person through that experience,” she says.
As a rising senior, Luiggi took advantage of a Bryant Summer Internship Fellowship to support an internship at Caravan Studios, a San Francisco-based company that builds apps to help communities organize, access, and apply local resources to their most pressing problems.
The internship allowed Luiggi to analyze community feedback data, conduct in-depth research into cities and regions around the U.S. to help determine future projects, and apply design thinking concepts in the redesign of an operations manual.
She embraced the company’s commitment to social good and its ability to translate real data into real solutions. “I loved it so much,” says Luiggi “The nurturing environment in the office allowed me to grow both personally and professionally and make lasting connections.”
Real World Experience
Caravan Studios, community research and planning intern
• Engaged with the local community, coordinated design sessions, analyzed and summarized results and findings throughout the design-thinking process in the development of apps that address a civic need
• Studied the “tolerance of intolerance,” and how individuals perceive others with opposing political viewpoints
New England Psychological Association Honorary Undergraduate Scholar Award
• Award based on scholarly achievement, experiential activities and contributions to the field
Psychology/Management (PSY/MAN) 440: The Design Thinking Process
• Worked to develop ways to encourage young investors to save in an innovative course that integrated strategic management principles, high-level behavioral science concepts, and design thinking methods
• Assisted in planning and executed a design-thinking program for middle-school students
• “The Impact of Phonetic Symbolism On Perceptions of Positivity/Negativity” at the New England Psychological Association Annual Meeting
Applied Psychology Department Research Assistant
• Performed literature reviews and assisted Psychology faculty with research
2017 Spring Scholar-Athlete award – Tennis
• Awarded to student-athletes who demonstrate excellence both on and off the court
• Part of 2015 NEC Championship winning team, named to the Second Team All-NEC at No. 4 singles, First Team All-NEC in No. 2 doubles
Academic Center for Excellence
• Conducted one-on-one tutoring in Math and French as well as drop-in sessions for students requiring Math help; working toward College Reading and Learning Association (CLRA) certification
A Connected Community
Bryant's purposeful student life delivers co-curricular immersion with an inspiring, collegial community. Students forge deep connections that last a lifetime.
There are no full time faculty that match this filter
There are no adjuncts that match this filter
Professor Olinsky, "a truly innovative leader in his field,” pioneered Bryant’s partnership with SAS, the analytics industry powerhouse.