Healthcare is a data-intensive industry, and specialists are required to help transform data into meaningful and usable information for numerous stakeholders. Offered as a major.
Healthcare analytics is a rapidly emerging field that involves the integration of health sciences, computer science, information science, biostatistics, and cognitive science to drive the management and analytical use of healthcare information.
In our new Healthcare Analytics program, which is part of the School of Health and Behavioral Science, students will develop methods and technologies to acquire, process, and analyze health data and use data-informed tools to improve patient care and safety, contributing to a healthier global population and more cost-effective healthcare services.
Students will also gain the necessary analytical and technical skills required to interpret health data to provide superior solutions to strategic and operational problems in healthcare.
- A strong foundation integrating business, STEM fields and the liberal arts develops critical 21st century skills develops essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Every student graduates with a major and a complementary minor, gaining a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through experiential learning.
- Whether you begin a career or continue your education after graduation, Bryant credentials prepare impact thinkers who are in high demand and prepared to contribute and make a difference.
The Bryant Difference
99 percent of Bryant graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
U.S. News & World Report 2023 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 7 in the Regional Universities North category.
Top 1% ROI
For lifetime earnings and ROI -- Georgetown University CEW
Opportunities and outcomes
- Understand the fundamentals of the healthcare field in the context of the effective use of health data, information, and knowledge.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex problems
- Benefit from one-on-one mentoring, guidance, and collaboration with our inspiring expert faculty.
- Identify, understand, analyze, and model specific health problems in terms of their context, data, information, and knowledge components
- Utilize and apply analytical and mathematical strategies to find solutions to problems that ultimately enhance operational efficiencies and strategic goals of the healthcare industry.
- Effectively communicate solutions to problems in a variety of contexts that will appeal to the various stakeholders within the healthcare industry, with an emphasis on data visualization and data storytelling.
- Work collaboratively in teams with partners within and across multiple disciplines.
- Describe current challenges within healthcare and effectively explain how human behavior plays a role in individual and community health.
- Collaborate with faculty mentors on research that you'll have the opportunity to publish and present at regional and national conferences.
- Gain the ability to work in and lead groups