Exercise and Movement Science
Graduates will be prepared to work in a wide range of fitness and athletic settings and will develop framework to understand and analyze human movement. Offered as a major.
Be prepared to sit for the national Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) exam and work in a wide array of fitness and athletic settings with our new Bachelor of Science in Exercise and Movement Science program. The program is part of our new School of Health and Behavioral Sciences.
All students will complete an internship to gain experience in a setting that aligns with their future career goals. Two tracks of study are available: Applied Exercise and Healthcare Provider Prep.
The Applied Exercise and Coaching track is designed for students who wish to enter the workforce after graduation. This track will allow students to broaden their perspective on health and fitness, enhancing their ability to lead individuals and groups in fitness/performance-related activities as a coach or exercise specialist. Students may choose any minor from the college of business for this track.
The Healthcare Provider Prep track is designed for students who wish to build upon their knowledge by pursuing a graduate degree in a healthcare or medical field. This track will prepare students for graduate-level studies in a variety of different healthcare programs including physical therapy. Students can choose any minor from the college of business for this track.
- A strong foundation integrating business, STEM fields and the liberal arts develops critical 21st century skills develops essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Every student graduates with a major and a complementary minor, gaining a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through experiential learning.
- Whether you begin a career or continue your education after graduation, Bryant credentials prepare impact thinkers who are in high demand and prepared to contribute and make a difference.
The Bryant Difference
99 percent of Bryant graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
U.S. News & World Report 2023 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 7 in the Regional Universities North category.
Top 1% ROI
For lifetime earnings and ROI -- Georgetown University CEW
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the natural sciences and apply that foundation to concepts in biomechanics, nutrition, research, exercise assessment and prescription, and programming.
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and abilities to design, prescribe, implement, and continually assess exercise programs for healthy, increased risk, athletic, and special populations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of technology and equipment for assessment and exercise.
- Communicate effectively to multiple populations within the healthcare sector including patients, caregivers, and other healthcare professionals.
- Think critically and utilize core research skills to formulate questions and provide potential solutions to problems
- Demonstrate an understanding of the interdisciplinary nature of the field of exercise science and the health care sector
- Collaborate with other professionals in an ethical and professional way
Our talented faculty include award-winning educators, mentors, researchers, and authors, with expertise in biomedical research, computational neuroscience research, molecular biology, and antibacterial compound development. Among them is:
Professor of Science and Technology; Department Chair