Develop advanced Spanish language proficiency and understanding of Spanish culture in small, interactive classes to succeed in the global marketplace. Offered as a major and minor.
Award-winning scholars, educators and mentors integrate culture, linguistics, history, literature, and other creative productions into your learning experience and introduce you to business discourse. While you enhance your skills speaking and understanding Spanish, you can showcase your skills at competitions where you examine a case study and field questions – all in Spanish.
- Innovative faculty with diverse expertise share their experience with you in the classroom and beyond.
- Build upon your classroom learning through self-paced, guided interaction supported by innovative technology.
- Study in Spanish-speaking countries through Bryant's extensive study abroad opportunities at hundreds of academic institutions in nearly 50 countries including Chile, Peru, and Spain.
- Engage in our Spanish cultural organization and promote Spanish language and culture within the community.
- Collaborate with faculty and students in hosting the annual Providence Latin American Film Festival that includes Bryant as a popular venue.
- A strong liberal arts foundation develops critical thinking and communication skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Your business minor will be a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through real-world projects
- Whether you pursue grad school or begin a career after graduation, the credentials of your major and minor distinguish you.
The Bryant Difference
At Bryant, 21 percent of the Class of 2017 enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
U.S. News & World Report 2020 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 7 in the Regional Universities North category.
Of Bryant’s class of 2019, 92% agree that Bryant prepared them for success.
Where Our Students Go
Graduates of Bryant's Spanish program go on to prestigious graduate programs and are in demand by business, industry, and nonprofit organizations.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished Spanish alumni to explore different paths.
- Spanish internships in various sectors obtained through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities with recruiters from more than 400 organizations.
- Bryant University Spanish Cultural Organization
- International Student Organization
- Multicultural Student Union
- International Business Association
- Linked Through Leadership
- Omicron Delta Kappa, national leadership honor society
- Alternative Spring Break
- Orientation Leader
- MyPath Mentor
- Big Brothers Big Sisters volunteer
- Sophomore International Experience
- Immersive study and work abroad including a supervised internship with a local company, all using Spanish skills
- Present original research at Research and Engagement Day
- Bryant Honors Program
Our faculty members include a multilingual researcher examining second language acquisition, international business education, and biocultural theory, and a Spanish-language film expert and award winning educator. Among them is:
Associate Professor of Modern Language; Spanish Program Coordinator