Develop advanced Spanish language proficiency and understanding of Spanish culture in small, interactive classes to succeed in the global marketplace. Offered as a major and minor.
Award-winning educators and mentors integrate culture, linguistics, history, literature, and other creative productions into your learning experience. Introduced to business discourse, you may showcase your skills at competitions where you examine a case study and field questions – all in Spanish.
- Innovative faculty with diverse expertise share their experience with you in the classroom and beyond.
- Enhance your Spanish skills through self-paced guided interaction supported by innovative technology.
- Study in Spanish-speaking countries including Argentina, Chile, Spain, and more as early as sophomore year.
- Engage in our Spanish cultural organization and promote Spanish language and culture within the community.
- A strong liberal arts foundation develops critical thinking and communication skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Your business minor will be a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through real-world projects
- Whether you pursue grad school or begin a career after graduation, the credentials of your major and minor distinguish you.
The Bryant Difference
At Bryant, 21 percent of the Class of 2017 enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
U.S. News & World Report 2020 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 7 in the Regional Universities North category.
Of Bryant’s class of 2017, 94% agree that Bryant prepared them for success.
Where Our Students Go
Graduates of Bryant's Spanish program go on to prestigious graduate programs and are in demand by business, industry, and nonprofit organizations.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished Spanish alumni to explore different paths.
- Spanish internships in various sectors obtained through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities with recruiters from more than 400 organizations.
- President of Bryant University Spanish Cultural Organization
- Executive board member of International Student Organization
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters volunteer
- Bryant Outdoor Adventure Club
- International Business Association
- Linked Through Leadership
- Omicron Delta Kappa, national leadership honor society
- Rowing Team
- ONE Campaign
- Alternative Spring Break
- Orientation Leader for Class of 2018
- MyPath Mentor
- Global Buddy Mentor
- Student Programming Board
- Sophomore International Experience
- Immersive study and work abroad including a supervised internship with a local company, all using Spanish skills
- Present original research at Research and Engagement Day
- Bryant Honors Program
Our faculty members are dedicated educators whose research ranges from second-language acquisition and applied linguistics to cultural and contemporary issues in countries where Spanish is spoken. Among them is:
ANTHONY HOUSTON, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Spanish