Develop advanced Spanish language proficiency and understanding of Spanish culture in small, interactive classes to succeed in the global marketplace. Offered as a major and minor.
Award-winning scholars, educators and mentors integrate culture, linguistics, history, literature, and other creative productions into your learning experience and introduce you to business discourse. While you enhance your skills speaking and understanding Spanish, you can showcase your skills at competitions where you examine a case study and field questions – all in Spanish.
- Innovative faculty with diverse expertise share their experience with you in the classroom and beyond.
- Build upon your classroom learning through self-paced, guided interaction supported by innovative technology.
- Study in Spanish-speaking countries through Bryant's extensive study abroad opportunities at hundreds of academic institutions in nearly 50 countries including Chile, Peru, and Spain.
- Engage in our Spanish cultural organization and promote Spanish language and culture within the community.
- Collaborate with faculty and students in hosting the annual Providence Latin American Film Festival that includes Bryant as a popular venue.
- A strong foundation integrating business, STEM fields and the liberal arts develops critical 21st century skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Every student graduates with a major and a complementary minor, gaining a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through experiential learning.
- Whether you begin a career or continue your education after graduation, Bryant credentials prepare impact thinkers who are in high demand and prepared to contribute and make a difference.
The Bryant Difference
99% of Bryant graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
U.S. News & World Report 2023 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 7 in the Regional Universities North category.
Top 1% ROI
For lifetime earnings and ROI -- Georgetown University CEW
Where Our Students Go
Graduates of Bryant's Spanish program go on to prestigious graduate programs and are in demand by business, industry, and nonprofit organizations.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished Spanish alumni to explore different paths.
- Spanish internships in various sectors obtained through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities with recruiters from more than 400 organizations.
- Bryant University Spanish Cultural Organization
- International Student Organization
- Multicultural Student Union
- International Business Association
- Linked Through Leadership
- Omicron Delta Kappa, national leadership honor society
- Alternative Spring Break
- Orientation Leader
- MyPath Mentor
- Big Brothers Big Sisters volunteer
- Sophomore International Experience
- Immersive study and work abroad including a supervised internship with a local company, all using Spanish skills
- Present original research at Research and Engagement Day
- Bryant Honors Program
Our faculty members include a multilingual researcher examining second language acquisition, international business education, and biocultural theory, and a Spanish-language film expert and award winning educator. Among them is:
Associate Professor of Modern Language; Spanish Program Coordinator