Engage with faculty experts who bring a multifaceted approach to our dynamic Sociology program as you hone your analytical skills. Offered as a major and minor.
Explore your interests and develop your writing skills as you study topics including contemporary social problems, health care, overpopulation, race and society, and sport and society. The perspective on people and social relations you gain will apply to any profession.
- Accomplished faculty share their diverse expertise and mentor you as you create your path.
- Customize your studies with the option of majoring in Social Research or Service Learning.
- Create a distinctive body of work on a topic of interest to you.
- Engage in meaningful internships with community resources where you to apply theory and principles.
- Present original research at national conferences such as the New England Undergraduate Sociology Research Conference.
- A strong liberal arts foundation develops critical thinking and communication skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Your business minor will be a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through real-world projects
- Whether you pursue grad school or begin a career after graduation, the credentials of your major and minor distinguish you.
The Bryant Difference
Of Bryant’s class of 2017, 94% agree that Bryant prepared them for success.
U.S. News & World Report 2019 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 10 in the Regional Universities North category.
College Factual/USA Today give Bryant alumni an A+ ranking for mid-career post-graduation earnings.
Where Our Students Go
Graduates of Bryant's Sociology program go on to prestigious graduate schools and are in demand by business, government, and nonprofit organizations.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished Sociology alumni to explore different paths.
- Sociology internships in various sectors obtained through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities with recruiters from 100+ prestigious organizations at on-campus career fairs.
- Active Minds Social Media Manager
- Alpha Kappa Delta, international sociology honor society member
- Enactus Green Team
- Linked Through Leadership student coordinator
- Community Action and Leadership Organization EBoard member
- Mentoring in local schools
- Organizing Relay for Life
- Leading the One Campaign and Circle Up
- Sophomore International Experience
- Study abroad during your junior year
- Research and Engagement Day panelist
- Present original academic research at the annual New England Undergraduate Sociology Research Conference
Our inspiring faculty are nationally-recognized authors, award-winning educators, and mentors with mastery in subjects ranging from race, gender, and inequality issues, to gun control, from sport studies to Brazilian immigrants, and HBO's series The Wire. They include national leaders in community engaged learning. Among them is:
SANDRA ENOS, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Sociology; Coordinator of Service-Learning in Sociology; Coordinator of Social Entrepreneurship