Engage with noted faculty experts in health, clinical, educational, decision-making, and developmental psychology to develop a specialized career path. Offered as a major and minor.
Immerse yourself in the scientific study of human behavior and mental processes. Our major emphasizes practical applications in a wide range of professional domains.
You can put theory into practice through real-world experience in fieldwork, student-faculty-led research opportunities, and internships.
Engage in small classes with dedicated faculty who have deep knowledge and real-world experience and who provide you ongoing academic advising and career guidance.
You build a strong foundation of psychological principles through experiential applications. This combination of a solid background in theoretical and applied psychology, plus exposure to core business courses, prepares you for either entry-level careers or graduate study.
Develop critical research skills through such courses as Research Methods, Positive Psychology, Gender in Childhood, Design Thinking, Directed Study, and the Senior Research Capstone.
Immerse yourself in learning opportunities through internships with organizations such as Bradley Hospital; Special Olympics; Hasbro Children's Hospital; the Rhode Island Department of Children, Youth, and Families; the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp; and the Rhode Island Department of Health.
Work closely with a faculty member on a capstone, applied internship or applied research project.
Present research at academic conferences and publish your findings in national publications.
Participate in alumni panels, conference opportunities, and seminars about graduate schools offered through the Bryant Psychology Association.
- A strong liberal arts foundation develops critical thinking and communication skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Your business minor will be a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through real-world projects
- Whether you pursue grad school or begin a career after graduation, the credentials of your major and minor distinguish you.
The Bryant Difference
At Bryant, 21 percent of the Class of 2017 enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
U.S. News & World Report 2020 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 7 in the Regional Universities North category.
Of Bryant’s class of 2017, 94% agree that Bryant prepared them for success.
Where Our Students Go
Graduates of Bryant's Psychology program go on to prestigious graduate programs and are in demand by business, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies.
EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished Psychology alumni to explore different paths.
- Secure a Psychology internship, available in various sectors, through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities with recruiters from more than 400 organizations.
- Bryant Psychology Association
- Health Education Awareness Leaders (HEAL) representative
- Psi Chi International Honor Society in Psychology
- St. Jude's Up 'Til Dawn team leader
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters mentor
- Sophomore International Experience
- Research and Engagement Day panelist
- Present original research at national conferences
- Publish research conducted in collaboration with a faculty member in nationally recognized psychology journals
Our accomplished Psychology faculty are award-winning educators, and dedicated mentors with deep knowledge and real-world experience in a variety of disciplines. They include practicing clinical psychologists and scholars with expertise in decision-making, developmental and environmental psychology, psychosocial aspects of illness, leadership, and learning and cognition. Among them is:
Associate Professor of Psychology