Engage with noted faculty experts in health, clinical, educational, decision-making, and developmental psychology to develop a specialized career path. Offered as a major.
One of the few undergraduate programs of its kind in the country, our distinctive major enables you to immerse yourself in the scientific study of human behavior and mental processes, with an emphasis on practical applications in many fields.
Engage in small classes with dedicated faculty who provide ongoing academic advising and career guidance.
Develop critical research skills through such courses as Research Methods, Positive Psychology, Gender in Childhood, and more.
Immerse yourself in meaningful internships.
Work closely with a faculty member on a capstone, applied internship or applied research project.
Present research at academic conferences and publish your findings in national publications.
Participate in alumni panels, conference opportunities, and seminars about graduate schools offered through the Bryant Psychology Association.
- A strong liberal arts foundation develops critical thinking and communication skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Your business minor will be a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through real-world projects
- Whether you pursue grad school or begin a career after graduation, the credentials of your major and minor distinguish you.
The Bryant Difference
At Bryant, 21 percent of the Class of 2017 enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
U.S. News & World Report 2019 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 10 in the Regional Universities North category.
Of Bryant’s class of 2017, 94% agree that Bryant prepared them for success.
Where Our Students Go
Graduates of Bryant's Psychology program go on to prestigious graduate programs and are in demand by business, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies.
EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished Psychology alumni to explore different paths.
- Secure a Psychology internship, available in various sectors, through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities with recruiters from more than 400 organizations.
- Bryant Psychology Association
- Health Education Awareness Leaders (HEAL) representative
- Psi Chi International Honor Society
- St. Jude's Up 'Til Dawn team leader
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters mentor
- Sophomore International Experience
- Research and Engagement Day panelist
- Present original research at national conferences
- Publish research conducted in collaboration with a faculty member in nationally recognized psychology journals
Our accomplished Psychology faculty are award-winning educators, and dedicated mentors with deep knowledge and real-world experience in a variety of disciplines. They include practicing clinical psychologists and scholars with expertise in decision-making, developmental and environmental psychology, psychosocial aspects of illness, leadership, and learning and cognition. Among them is:
Associate Professor of Psychology