Politics and Law
Examine timely political and legal questions in our unique program that unites the complementary disciplines of Political Science and Legal Studies. Offered as a major.
Collaborating with inspiring faculty, you'll acquire the knowledge and skills to navigate a world shaped by political and legal questions and decisions. Also, the analytic thinking, decision-making, and communication skills you develop prepare you for success in law school or other graduate programs and as you launch a meaningful career.
- Learn how to put theory into practice as a member of the Bryant Debaters, the University's Mock Trial team, Model United Nations, and other student organizations, some of which are advised by Politics and Law faculty.
- As an outstanding student, you may be eligible for induction into Pi Sigma Alpha, the National Political Science Honor Society. Membership includes the ability to publish in the organization's journal of undergraduate research and to apply for graduate study scholarships.
- A partnership between Bryant University and The Washington Center in the U.S. capital provides you with semester-long internship opportunities that have included the White House, the FBI, the National Opera House, leading think tanks, and law or accounting firms.
- A strong liberal arts foundation develops critical thinking and communication skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Your business minor will be a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through real-world projects
- Whether you pursue grad school or begin a career after graduation, the credentials of your major and minor distinguish you.
The Bryant Difference
At Bryant, 21 percent of the Class of 2017 enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
U.S. News & World Report 2020 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 7 in the Regional Universities North category.
Of Bryant’s class of 2019, 92% agree that Bryant prepared them for success.
Where Our Students Go
Graduates of Bryant's Politics and Law program go on to prestigious graduate schools and are in demand by government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and businesses.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished Politics and Law alumni to explore different paths.
- Obtain a Politics and Law internship in various sectors through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities with recruiters from more than 400 organizations.
- Collaborate with the Hassenfeld Institute for Public Leadership.
- Our partnership with The Washington Center provides opportunities for a semester-long internship in our nation's capital.
- Bryant Debaters
- Legal Studies Society
- Model United Nations
- Mock Trial Association
- Pi Sigma Alpha National Political Science Honor Society
- Alternative Spring Break
- Special Olympics coordinator
- Sophomore International Experience
- Learn about war crime trials in European courts in a special summer course led by a Bryant faculty member
- Politics and Law Capstone research project
- Research and Engagement Day panelist
- Honors Program
- Present original research at the New England Political Science Association Conference
Our faculty are award-winning scholars, inspiring educators, and dedicated mentors. They include an expert in U.S. foreign policy, an American politics scholar, a lawyer who worked with the United Nations on the Right to Science initiative, an internationally renowned expert on the impact of the Holocaust on the law and human rights, and a lead author of the report Gauging Equality for the European Union. Among them is:
Associate Professor of Political Science