Politics and Law
Examine timely political and legal questions in our unique program that unites the complementary disciplines of Political Science and Legal Studies. Offered as a major.
Collaborating with inspiring faculty, you'll acquire the knowledge and skills to navigate a world shaped by political and legal questions and decisions. Also, the analytic thinking, decision-making, and communication skills you develop prepare you for success in law school or other graduate programs and as you launch a meaningful career.
- Learn from world-class scholars, teachers, and mentors who share their expertise with you.
- Immerse yourself in distinctive real-world learning experiences through local and national internships.
- Work intensively with faculty mentors to complete and present an original research project.
- Present your original scholarship at academic conferences.
- Engage with faculty to organize campus presentations and discussions about current political and legal issues.
- A strong liberal arts foundation develops critical thinking and communication skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Your business minor will be a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through real-world projects
- Whether you pursue grad school or begin a career after graduation, the credentials of your major and minor distinguish you.
The Bryant Difference
At Bryant, 21 percent of the Class of 2017 enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
U.S. News & World Report 2019 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 10 in the Regional Universities North category.
Graduates of Bryant’s Class of 2017 agree that Bryant prepared them for success.
Where Our Students Go
Graduates of Bryant's Politics and Law program go on to prestigious graduate schools and are in demand by government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and businesses.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished Politics and Law alumni to explore different paths.
- Obtain a Politics and Law internship in various sectors through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities with recruiters from more than 400 organizations.
- Collaborate with the Hassenfeld Institute for Public Leadership.
- Our partnership with The Washington Center provides opportunities for a semester-long internship in our nation's capital.
- Bryant Debaters
- Legal Studies Society
- Model United Nations
- Mock Trial Association
- Pi Sigma Alpha National Political Science Honor Society
- Alternative Spring Break
- Special Olympics coordinator
- Sophomore International Experience
- Learn about war crime trials in European courts in a special summer course led by a Bryant faculty member
- Politics and Law Capstone research project
- Research and Engagement Day panelist
- Honors Program
- Present original research at the New England Political Science Association Conference
Our faculty are award-winning scholars, inspiring educators, and dedicated mentors with expertise in fields including American politics, comparative politics, human rights law, international relations, the entrepreneurial turn in the biomedical field, and the scholarship of teaching and learning. Among them is:
Associate Professor of Political Science