Gain a comprehensive and holistic perspective of health that will prepare you to successfully enter a variety of health-related careers and gain acceptance to graduate programs. Offered as a major.
Be prepared to navigate the interconnected nature of human health with our new Bachelor of Science degree in Health Sciences program. Study biology, psychology, communication and health topics in a curriculum that can prepare you for a variety of health-related careers, whether you’d like to be a healthcare worker addressing patient wellness, a vaccine researcher, a health communication expert or other role. Focus your study in one of three tracks that interests you the most, while also taking the required courses for admission to graduate-level clinical and non-clinical programs as well as the employment sector.
- Gain a comprehensive and holistic perspective of health that will prepare you to successfully enter a variety of careers in the health sciences and healthcare and gain acceptance to graduate programs.
- Benefit from mentoring by our inspiring, expert faculty as you study in one of our three tailored tracks, General Health Sciences, Behavioral Health, and Health Promotion.
- Understand the socio-economic, behavioral, biological, environmental and communicative factors that impact human health and contribute to health disparities.
- Learn the concepts, methods and tools community health data collection, use and analysis.
- Design a project that uses the fundamental concepts of program implementation including planning, assessment and evaluation to address a health challenge in a variety of diverse communities.
- Pursue opportunities at the interdisciplinary Center for Health and Behavioral Sciences.
- A strong liberal arts foundation develops critical thinking and communication skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Your business minor will be a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through real-world projects
- Whether you pursue grad school or begin a career after graduation, the credentials of your major and minor distinguish you.
The Bryant Difference
At Bryant, 21 percent of the Class of 2017 enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
U.S. News & World Report 2022 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 7 in the Regional Universities North category.
Of Bryant’s class of 2019, 92% agree that Bryant prepared them for success.
WHERE OUR STUDENTS GO
Across a wide range of fields, Bryant University alumni are accepted into some of the most rigorous and prestigious graduate schools across the country and around the world, and they are hired by top companies and organizations. This includes in the fields of health science, health care, biomedical research, health communication, neuropsychology research, behavioral health, clinical psychology, physical therapy and more.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished alumni in a range of health fields to explore different paths.
- Secure an internship, available in various sectors, through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities with recruiters from 400+ prestigious organizations at on-campus career fairs.
- Health Education Awareness Leaders participant
- Colleges Against Cancer member
- Active Minds member
- Archway campus newspaper
- IDEA mentor as an Omicron Delta Kappa member
- Health Education Awareness Leader (HEAL)
- Writing Consultant, Academic Center for Excellence at Bryant University
- Sophomore International Experience
- Study abroad during your junior year
- Research and Engagement Day presenter
- Honors Program member
- Opportunities for independent research projects with faculty in various departments
- Participate in the Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) Program at Bryant or at collaborating intuitions
- Be a research assistant in Bryant's Microbial Glycomics Lab
- Applied Psychology or Health Communication Research Assistant for faculty at Bryant University
- Develop antibacterial compounds that hold promise in the fight against drug-resistant bacterial infections
- Investigate measures to combat vaccine hesitancy through improved health communication strategies
- Dissect and map neural mechanisms in fruit flies to better understand the underlying causes of addiction
- Pursue paid and unpaid research opportunities via the interdisciplinary Center for Health and Behavioral Sciences
Our talented faculty include award-winning educators, mentors, researchers and authors, with expertise in biomedical research, neuroscience research, antibacterial compound development, psychology and communication. Among them is:
Director of Health Sciences Program; Executive Faculty Fellow for the Center for Health and Behavioral Sciences; Department Chair and Professor of Communication