Engage with accomplished Global Studies scholars while learning about important global issues ranging from social movements and migration to human rights laws and environmental sustainability. Offered as a major and minor.
Our interdisciplinary program draws faculty from 10 areas of study, allowing you to attain broad knowledge and multiple perspectives of important global themes through courses in Anthropology, Communication, History, Language, Legal Studies, Politics, Science, Sociology, and more.
- Engage with prominent scholars with diverse scholarly backgrounds who share their distinctive expertise with you.
- After completing a core group of classes, you design a curriculum that best suits your interests and future goals in working on global issues.
- Graduates succeed at public policy institutes, nonprofit organizations, health and education concerns, the United Nations, and the U.S. Department of State. They also work at for-profit enterprises and earn graduate degrees in Global Studies-related fields.
- A strong liberal arts foundation develops critical thinking and communication skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Your business minor will be a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through real-world projects
- Whether you pursue grad school or begin a career after graduation, the credentials of your major and minor distinguish you.
The Bryant Difference
At Bryant, 21 percent of the Class of 2017 enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
U.S. News & World Report 2020 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 7 in the Regional Universities North category.
Graduates of Bryant’s Class of 2017 agree that Bryant prepared them for success.
Where Our Students Go
Graduates of Bryant's Global Studies program go on to prestigious graduate schools and are in demand by business, government, and nonprofit organizations.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished Global Studies alumni to explore different paths.
- Secure a Global Studies internship, available in various sectors, through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities with recruiters from 100+ prestigious organizations at on-campus career fairs.
- Bryant Debaters
- Multicultural Student Union
- Model United Nations delegate
- Alternative Spring Break
- Fieldwork in local communities
- Sophomore International Experience
- Study abroad during your junior year
- Research and Engagement Day panelist
- Honors Program
- Develop an independent senior project of your own design
Our faculty are renowned scholars, educators, and mentors, and include an internationally honored legal historian on the impact of the Holocaust on law and human rights, a former Fulbright and Watson Scholar who has studied refugee and forced migration issues. Among them is:
Professor of Anthropology, African Studies, and Music; Coordinator of Global Studies program