Engage with accomplished Global Studies scholars while exploring global issues — from poverty and migration to human rights and environmental sustainability. Offered as a major and minor.
Our interdisciplinary program draws faculty from 10 Arts and Sciences programs, allowing you to attain broad knowledge and multiple perspectives of important global themes through courses in Anthropology, Communication, History, Modern Language, Legal Studies, Politics, Science, Sociology, and more.
- Engage with prominent scholars with diverse scholarly backgrounds who share their distinctive expertise with you.
- Learn about important social, environmental, and political issues that people encounter around the world.
- Explore solutions to difficult problems from extreme poverty to environmental degradation.
- Develop proficiency in a modern foreign language to aid in the understanding of other cultures.
- Your independent research of public policy issues and cultural interactions prepares you for a wealth of post-graduate opportunities.
- A strong liberal arts foundation develops critical thinking and communication skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Your business minor will be a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through real-world projects
- Whether you pursue grad school or begin a career after graduation, the credentials of your major and minor distinguish you.
The Bryant Difference
At Bryant, 21 percent of the Class of 2017 enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
U.S. News & World Report 2019 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 10 in the Regional Universities North category.
Graduates of Bryant’s Class of 2017 agree that Bryant prepared them for success.
Where Our Students Go
Graduates of Bryant's Global Studies program go on to prestigious graduate schools and are in demand by business, government, and nonprofit organizations.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished Global Studies alumni to explore different paths.
- Secure a Global Studies internship, available in various sectors, through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities with recruiters from 100+ prestigious organizations at on-campus career fairs.
- Bryant Debaters
- Bryant Psychology Association
- Multicultural Student Union
- Model United Nations delegate
- Alternative Spring Break
- Sociology Service Learning coursework
- Sophomore International Experience
- Study abroad during your junior yeaR
- Research and Engagement Day panelist
- Honors Program
- During your senior-year Seminar on Global Issues, examine a global issue or policy problem as your semester-long research project
Our faculty are renowned scholars, educators, and mentors, and include a Fulbright and Watson Scholar. Their expertise ranges from human rights law to Native American communities to African music and more. Among them is:
Professor of Anthropology, African Studies, and Music; Coordinator of Global Studies program