Accomplished Financial Services faculty enrich your classroom learning with their decades of real-world experience and success in the field. Offered as a major.
Our program combines accounting, investments, risk management, marketing and selling, institutions and markets, and law to provide you a purposeful, interdisciplinary, and hands-on education. You will be well prepared to launch your career and to succeed in prestigious post-graduate programs.
- Earn Bloomberg Market Concepts certification and prepare to sit for the Securities Industry Essentials Exam (SIE), the Series 7, and Life, Accident, and Health state insurance exams.
- Students who complete the Financial Planning track will be prepared for the Certified Financial Planning (CFP) designation and eligible to sit for the highly coveted CFP exam upon graduation. Our program is one of only a few New England-based CFP-registered programs offered to undergraduate students.
- Participate in a distinctive real-world learning experience managing equity and fixed-income portfolios in the student-run $2.1-million Archway Investment Fund. The Equity Fund is $1.5 million and the Fixed Income Fund is valued at $600,000.
- Access real-time news and data transferred by live feeds through FactSet and our Bloomberg terminals, financial trading systems used by some of the largest financial organizations in the world, available on the University’s simulated trading floor, the C.V. Starr Financial Markets Center.
- Engage with a vast alumni network of industry leaders through Bryant's Wall Street Council.
- Our nationally acclaimed business foundation cultivates innovative thinking and problem-solving abilities through real-world projects that develop leadership skills.
- Your liberal arts minor will be a competitive advantage, enriching an immersive education that integrates analytical and critical thinking.
- Whether you begin your career or pursue grad school after graduation, the credentials of your major and minor distinguish you.
The Bryant Difference
Median starting salary of Bryant’s Class of 2019 graduates.
College Factual 2020 ranks our Finance program No. 3 in the country, with resources and opportunities that put it in the top 1% of the country's most-focused programs.
Percentage of the Class of 2019 graduates who were employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of commencement.
Where Our Students Go
Graduates of our Financial Services program are highly sought after by commercial, nonprofit, and government organizations and bring their globally-influenced philosophy to prestigious graduate programs.
EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished Financial Services and Finance alumni to explore different paths.
- Industry partnerships enable unique opportunities to obtain professional experience and designations. Partnerships include: Certified Financial Analyst Society (CFA designation); Financial Planning Association (FPA); SPARK Institute; University Partnership with Bloomberg; and University Partnership with Rhode Island Bankers’ Association.
- Secure a Financial Services or Finance internship, available in a variety of industries, through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Attend professional conferences, including the International G.A.M.E. Forum, a conference featuring a global investments competition in which Bryant has placed first, and hear from leading industrial experts.
- Bryant Finance Association
- Smart Women in Finance
- Financial Inclusion Society
- Financial Planning Student Chapters
- Community Activism and Leadership Organization
- Special Olympics
- Community Leadership Rhode Island
- Sophomore International Experience
- Archway Investment Fund
- Present original research at annual Research and Engagement Day
Our esteemed faculty include award-winning educators and mentors who have had success in the fields they teach and in research. They include a former senior financial economist with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, a former vice president of two banks, and a financial planner and wealth consultant in industry and private practice. Among them is:
Lecturer of Finance; Director, Financial Planning Program