Immerse yourself in an integrative and applied program that provides an action-oriented curriculum and research opportunities to address environmental impacts. Offered as a major and minor.
Engage with exceptional faculty in small classes as you create your path in Environmental Health and Toxicology or Environmental Management and Sustainability with research projects tailored to your interests. Be prepared to excel in graduate programs and environmental science careers.
- Bryant is a living laboratory, providing you access to wetlands, forest, and aquatic environments.
- Our action-oriented curriculum inspires you to address real-world environmental impacts as an undergraduate.
- From your first year, you have unprecedented access to laboratory equipment from a scanning electron microscope to a fully equipped geochemistry lab.
- Establish yourself as a powerhouse in the field and in the lab through collaboration with a distinguished faculty mentor on research that will be published and presented at regional and national conferences, and could lead to a patent.
- Participate in 10-week paid summer fellowships funded by NASA, the National Science Foundation, and other organizations.
- Join program graduates who succeed in graduate programs and in meaningful environmental science careers.
- A strong foundation integrating business, STEM fields and the liberal arts develops critical 21st century skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Every student graduates with a major and a complementary minor, gaining a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through experiential learning.
- Whether you begin a career or continue your education after graduation, Bryant credentials prepare impact thinkers who are in high demand and prepared to contribute and make a difference.
The Bryant Difference
99 percent of Bryant graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
U.S. News & World Report 2022 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 7 in the Regional Universities North category.
Top 1% ROI
For lifetime earnings and ROI -- Georgetown University CEW
Where Our Students Go
Graduates of Bryant’s Environmental Science program go on to graduate schools and are in demand by business, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations
Experiential Learning Opportunities
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished Environmental Science alumni to explore different paths.
- Secure an Environmental Science internship, available in various sectors, through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education
- Discuss career opportunities with recruiters from 400+ prestigious organizations at on-campus career fairs.
- Bryant Outdoor Adventure Club
- SustainUs member
- Bryant Fishing Club
- Volunteer at Save the Bay
- Enactus member
- Sophomore International Experience
- Study abroad during your junior year
- Research and Engagement Day presenter
- Honors Program
- NASA Research Grant recipient
- Lab research internship
- Rhode Island Summer Undergraduate Research Fellow
Our accomplished faculty are award-winning educators and dedicated mentors. They include a former environmental consultant, a prominent scholar who has traveled to China to research how global climate change affected ancient civilizations, an internationally renowned researcher in paleobiology and paleoclimatology, and an expert in analysis of water, soil, and petroleum products to support environmental forensics. Among them is:
Professor of Science and Technology