With our economics programs, you have choices as you build interdisciplinary tracks with guidance from expert faculty. Offered as a major and minor.
"Thinking like an economist" is the goal of every economics program, but at Bryant you will "act like an economist" as well through participation in challenging research, internships, and workshops not common in most undergraduate programs.
- Engage with preeminent faculty who share their real-world experience and expertise with you.
- Customize your career path by selecting one of three interdisciplinary tracks: Industrial Economics and Market Regulation, International Political Economy, and Public Policy.
- Collaborate with a faculty member on academic research and presentations at national conferences.
- Immerse yourself in challenging learning opportunities through the Center for Global and Regional Economic Studies.
- A strong liberal arts foundation develops critical thinking and communication skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Your business minor will be a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through real-world projects
- Whether you pursue grad school or begin a career after graduation, the credentials of your major and minor distinguish you.
The Bryant Difference
At Bryant, 21 percent of the Class of 2017 enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
U.S. News & World Report 2020 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 7 in the Regional Universities North category.
College Factual/USA Today give Bryant alumni an A+ ranking for mid-career post-graduation earnings.
Where Our Students Go
Values-driven Economics graduates are making a difference in business, nonprofit, and government organizations and bringing their globally influenced knowledge to prestigious graduate program.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished Economics alumni to explore different paths.
- Secure an Economics internship, available in a variety of industries, through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities from 100+ prestigious firms at on-campus career fairs.
- Bryant Economic Student Association
- Big Brothers Big Sisters volunteer
- Management 200 service project working on a playground for children with disabilities
- Student Senate
- Study abroad during junior year
- Sophomore International Experience
- Center for Global and Regional Economic Studies
- Annual Bryant Economic Symposium presenter
- Conduct research during an internship at a Washington, D.C., think tank
- The Washington Center, Washington, D.C.—offers internship placement at a variety of governmental and non-governmental organizations in the D.C. area
Our esteemed faculty include award-winning educators and dedicated mentors who have had success in the fields they teach and in research. They include a former consultant to The World Bank, the associate editor of the British Journal of Economics, Management & Trade, and an expert on gender and race inequality and poverty in the labor market. Among them is:
Professor of Economics; Director of the Bryant Scholars Program