With expert faculty, you will develop critical-thinking, problem-solving, and data analysis skills essential to understand – and design solutions to – issues from climate change to government accountability to inequality. Offered as a major and minor.
"Thinking like an economist" is the goal of every economics program, but at Bryant you will "act like an economist" as well through participation in challenging research, internships, and workshops not common in most undergraduate programs.
- Collaborate with prominent faculty on original academic research and national conference presentations.
- Develop analytical and quantitative skills to identify issues and problems in ways others do not see as you work to find solutions to complex problems..
- Immerse yourself in challenging learning opportunities through the Center for Global and Regional Economic Studies.
- A strong liberal arts foundation develops critical thinking and communication skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Your business minor will be a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through real-world projects
- Whether you pursue grad school or begin a career after graduation, the credentials of your major and minor distinguish you.
The Bryant Difference
At Bryant, 21 percent of the Class of 2017 enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
U.S. News & World Report 2020 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 7 in the Regional Universities North category.
College Factual/USA Today give Bryant alumni an A+ ranking for mid-career post-graduation earnings.
Where Our Students Go
Values-driven Economics graduates are making a difference in business, nonprofit, and government organizations and bringing their globally influenced knowledge to prestigious graduate program.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished Economics alumni to explore different paths.
- Secure an Economics internship, available in a variety of industries, through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities from 400+ prestigious firms at on-campus career fairs.
- Bryant Economic Student Association
- Fed Challenge Competition
- MyPath Mentor
- Student Senate
- Study abroad during junior year
- Sophomore International Experience
- Center for Global and Regional Economic Studies
- Annual Bryant Economic Symposium presenter
- Conduct research during an internship at a Washington, D.C., think tank
- The Washington Center, Washington, D.C.—offers internship placement at a variety of governmental and non-governmental organizations in the D.C. area
Our esteemed faculty include award-winning educators and dedicated mentors who have had success in the fields they teach and in research. They include a consultant to The World Bank, the associate editor of the British Journal of Economics, Management & Trade, and experts on behavioral, experimental, and sports economics as well as shadow economies. Among them is:
Professor of Economics; Director of the Bryant Scholars Program