Our program, developed with the insights of industry experts, combines information technology, analytics, machine learning, big data management, and programming. Offered as a major.
Learn from faculty with analytics advanced degrees, data scientists consulting and working in the industry, and a SAS® educator of the year. Develop skills to participate in the analytics/big data lifecycle — from problem definition through data acquisition to presentation of results.
- Focus on developing actionable outcomes and high-level skills at communicating results.
- Earn an industry-recognized SAS/Bryant Certificate in Applied Analytics upon completing program.
- Be well-prepared for certification in Teradata, Tableau, and other analytic applications.
- Engage in applied learning through execution of real-world projects in the classroom and through capstone projects, internships, and co-ops.
- Immerse yourself in a Capstone project where you are a consultant helping a real company.
- Our nationally acclaimed business foundation cultivates innovative thinking and problem-solving abilities through real-world projects that develop leadership skills.
- Your liberal arts minor will be a competitive advantage, enriching an immersive education that integrates analytical and critical thinking.
- Whether you begin your career or pursue grad school after graduation, the credentials of your major and minor distinguish you.
The Bryant Difference
Median starting salary of Bryant’s class of 2018 graduates.
U.S. News & World Report 2019 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 10 in the Regional Universities North category.
Bryant 2018 graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
Where Our Students Go
Our program in data science is new. However, Bryant students who have graduated with a degree in related programs — Applied Analytics, Statistics, and Computer Information Systems — go on to prestigious graduate schools and are in demand by business, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations.
EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Build your professional network through Bryant’s Advanced Applied Analytics Center and with alumni data scientists and applied analytics, statistics, and information systems alumni to explore different paths.
- Secure internships and co-ops in a variety of industries through working with faculty and through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities from 100+ prestigious firms at on-campus career fairs.
- Bryant University Gamers
- Scientific Community Initiative
- Technology and Analytics Club
- Colleges Against Cancer
- Information Technology services department at Bryant
- High School Analytics Camp volunteer
- Bryant-sponsored analytics conferences participant
- Sophomore International Experience
- Study abroad during your junior year
- Bryant App-a-Thon competition
- Advanced Applied Analytics Center, a beacon for analytics—student opportunities include student associate and faculty research collaborator
Our esteemed faculty include award-winning educators and mentors who have had success in the fields they teach and in research. They include consultants to industry, data scientists working in the industry, advanced degrees in analytics holders, and a SAS educator of the year. Among them is:
Professor of Information Systems and Analytics; Founding Co-director of Bryant’s Advanced Applied Analytics Center