Design your future with faculty experts in television/film production, health communication, media studies, persuasion, digital journalism, and organizational communication. Offered as a major and minor.
Interested in digital journalism, event planning, health communication, media production, persuasion and social influence, professional communication, public relations, or social media? Our Communication program, ranked in the top 15% in the country by College Factual/USA Today, allows students like you to create your own path to success.
- Learn from a dedicated faculty that includes prominent scholars, teachers, mentors, and accomplished media professionals.
- Select courses aligned with your interests and goals with the help of a Communication faculty advisor.
- Develop production skills in our HD television studio, editing suites, and student-run media outlets.
- Participate in experiential learning opportunities such as internships, competitions, and practicums, or collaborate with faculty on research.
- Complete two graduate courses, preparing you to earn a Master’s degree within a year.
- A strong liberal arts foundation develops critical thinking and communication skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Your business minor will be a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through real-world projects
- Whether you pursue grad school or begin a career after graduation, the credentials of your major and minor distinguish you.
The Bryant Difference
Median starting salary of Bryant’s class of 2018 graduates.
U.S. News & World Report 2020 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 7 in the Regional Universities North category.
At Bryant, 21 percent of the Class of 2017 enrolled in prestigious graduate programs within six months of Commencement.
Where Our Students Go
Graduates of Bryant's Communication program go on to prestigious graduate programs and are in demand in business, government, and nonprofit organizations.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished Communication alumni to explore different paths.
- Secure a Communication internship, available in various sectors, through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities with recruiters from 100+ prestigious organizations at on-campus career fairs.
- The Archway student newspaper news editor
- WJMF radio DJ
- HerCampus writer
- Lambda Pi Eta honors society
- Bryant Communication Society
- Bryant Literary Review contributor
- The Podium member
- Special Olympics public relations coordinator
- Love Your Melon social media manager
- Global Community Hour
- Sophomore International Experience
- Study abroad during junior year
- Research and Engagement Day panelist
- Present original academic research at the Eastern Communication Association conference
- Annual Public Speaking Colloquium participant
Our distinguished faculty include award-winning educators and mentors with backgrounds in journalism, radio and broadcast production, and health science research. Among them is:
Associate Professor of Communication and Department Chair