Design your future with faculty experts in health communication, media studies, risk and crisis, public relations, organizational communication, relational communication, and television/film production. Offered as a major and minor.
Immerse yourself in the study of how the messages we create and the interactions we have impact the attitudes and behaviors of others. Learn how these messages, delivered face to face, via social media, or through traditional media can be used in everything from establishing relationships to selling products and services.
- Learn from a dedicated faculty of prominent scholars, teachers, mentors, and accomplished media professionals who serve as advisors, guiding your selection of courses aligned with your interests and goals.
- Specialize in one of four specific areas such as Strategic Healthcare Communication, Public Relations and Event Planning, Organizational Communication, or Broadcast Journalism, Film, and Television.
- You can also choose to specialize in an area based on courses you select that are aligned with your interests and goals with the help of a Communication faculty advisor.
- Participate in experiential learning opportunities such as internships, competitions, practicums, and research collaborations with faculty.
- A strong liberal arts foundation develops critical thinking and communication skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Your business minor will be a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through real-world projects
- Whether you pursue grad school or begin a career after graduation, the credentials of your major and minor distinguish you.
The Bryant Difference
Median starting salary of Bryant’s graduates.
College Factual 2022 rankings list Bryant's Communication program as a top 4% program in the nation.
99 percent of Bryant graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
Where Our Students Go
Graduates of Bryant's Communication program go on to prestigious graduate programs and are in demand in business, government, and nonprofit organizations.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished Communication alumni to explore different paths.
- Secure a Communication internship, available in various sectors, through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities with recruiters from 400+ prestigious organizations at on-campus career fairs.
- WJMF radio DJ
- HerCampus writer
- Lambda Pi Eta honors society
- Bryant Communication Society
- Bryant Literary Review contributor
- The Podium member
- Special Olympics public relations coordinator
- Orientation Leader
- Global Community Hour
- Sophomore International Experience
- Study abroad during junior year
- Research and Engagement Day panelist
- Present original academic research at the Eastern Communication Association conference
- Annual Public Speaking Colloquium participant
Our distinguished faculty include award-winning educators, mentors and accomplished media and digital content professionals with backgrounds in journalism, radio and broadcast production, and health science research. Among them is:
Associate Professor of Communication