Develop advanced Chinese language proficiency and an understanding of Chinese culture in small, interactive classes to succeed in the global marketplace. Offered as a major and minor.
Develop your knowledge of Chinese culture, history, and business practices through immersive courses, cultural opportunities, and creative productions as well as exceptional study abroad opportunities as early as your sophomore year.
- Immerse yourself in courses that integrate culture, history, literature and authentic events into the learning experience and introduce you to business discourse.
- Engage in Bryant's extensive study abroad programs as early as sophomore year – which allow you to study in hundreds of academic institutions, including Bryant Zhuhai.
- Enhance your Chinese speaking and comprehension skills in our language lab and through student organizations.
- Engage in rich educational and cultural programs through Bryant’s internationally recognized U.S.-China Institute and Confucius Institute.
- A strong foundation integrating business, STEM fields and the liberal arts develops critical 21st century skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Every student graduates with a major and a complementary minor, gaining a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through experiential learning.
- Whether you begin a career or continue your education after graduation, Bryant credentials prepare impact thinkers who are in high demand and prepared to contribute and make a difference.
The Bryant Difference
99 percent of Bryant graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
U.S. News & World Report 2022 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 7 in the Regional Universities North category.
College Factual/USA Today give Bryant alumni an A+ ranking for mid-career post-graduation earnings.
Where Our Students Go
Graduates of Bryant's Chinese program go on to prestigious graduate programs and are in demand by business, industry, and nonprofit organizations.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished Chinese alumni to explore different paths.
- Secure an internship through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities with recruiters from 400+ prestigious organizations at on-campus career fairs.
- Bryant Dragon Dance Team
- Global China Connection
- International Student Organization
- Model United Nations
- Management 200 service-learning class
- Study abroad during your junior year at Bryant Zhuhai in Shanghai, or in other prestigious programs in China
- Participate in dozens of cultural events planned through Bryant's U.S.-China Institute and Confucius Institute, for instance Chinese Culture Night at WaterFire, Chinese New Year Celebration, Mid-Autumn Festival
- Work with the U.S.-China Institute
- Collaborate with Bryant's John H. Chafee Center for International Business
- Present original research at Research and Engagement Day
Our accomplished faculty include award-winning educators and mentors whose research ranges from second-language acquisition and applied linguistics to cultural and contemporary issues in China. Among them is:
Professor of Chinese Language and Linguistics