Research and experiential learning opportunities through our integrative and applied Biology program prepare you to excel in your chosen path. Offered as a major and minor.
Accomplished educators guide you as you create your path among the five tracks of our Biology major: General Biology, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Pre-Health, Research Intensive, or Ecology and Conservation. Work closely with faculty in small classes and state-of-the-art labs.
- Access lab equipment for reserved for graduate students at larger schools and develop hands-on laboratory skills, starting from your first year.
- Collaborate with a faculty mentor on research that you publish and present at national conferences.
- Participate in paid summer fellowships funded by NASA, the National Science Foundation, and other organizations.
- Benefit from a faculty pre-health advisor assisting you with applications to graduate programs.
- Graduates succeed in medical and pharmacy schools, doctoral programs, and in health science careers
- Guaranteed interviews with Western New England School of Pharmacy and Bryant's Physician Assistant program.
- A strong liberal arts foundation develops critical thinking and communication skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Your business minor will be a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through real-world projects
- Whether you pursue grad school or begin a career after graduation, the credentials of your major and minor distinguish you.
The Bryant Difference
At Bryant, 21 percent of the Class of 2017 enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
U.S. News & World Report 2019 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 10 in the Regional Universities North category.
Graduates of Bryant’s Class of 2017 agree that Bryant prepared them for success
Where Our Students Go
Determined, visionary graduates of Bryant's Biology program go on to prestigious graduate schools and are in demand by business, government, and nonprofit organizations.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished Biology alumni to explore different paths.
- Secure a Biology internship, available in various sectors, through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities with recruiters from 100+ prestigious organizations at on-campus career fairs.
- Health Education Awareness Leaders participant
- Model United Nations delegate
- Active Minds member
- IDEA mentor as an Omicron Delta Kappa member
- ENACTUS member
- Sophomore International Experience
- Study abroad during your junior year
- Research and Engagement Day presenter
- Honors Program member
- Develop antibacterial compounds that hold promise in the fight against drug-resistant bacterial infections
- Be a research assistant in Bryant's Microbial Glycomics Lab
Our talented faculty include award-winning researchers, authors, a molecular biologist studying hox genes in cancer development, and mentors with experience in biomedical research, computational neuroscience research, and antibacterial compound development. Among them is:
Professor of Science and Technology; Department Chair