Research and experiential learning opportunities offered through our integrative and applied Biology program prepare you to excel in your chosen path. Offered as a major and minor.
Accomplished educators guide you as you create your path among the five tracks of our Biology major: General Biology, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Pre-Health, Research Intensive, or Ecology and Conservation. Work closely with faculty in small classes and state-of-the-art labs.
- Benefit from one-on-one mentoring and guidance from our inspiring expert faculty.
- Start working toward attaining direct patient contact hours required for some post-graduate programs by taking an EMT course as early as freshman year.
- Closely collaborate with a faculty mentor on research that you'll have the opportunity to publish and present at regional and national conferences, something only available to graduate students at larger schools.
- Participate in 10-week paid summer fellowships and engage with scientists at other area universities and research hospitals on real-world research funded by the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, and NASA.
- The quality of our Biology program results in a large percentage of graduates going on to top graduate and pre-professional schools.
- Special agreements guarantee you interviews with Western New England School of Pharmacy and Bryant's Physician Assistant program.
- A strong liberal arts foundation develops critical thinking and communication skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Your business minor will be a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through real-world projects
- Whether you pursue grad school or begin a career after graduation, the credentials of your major and minor distinguish you.
The Bryant Difference
At Bryant, 21 percent of the Class of 2017 enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
U.S. News & World Report 2020 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 7 in the Regional Universities North category.
Graduates of Bryant’s Class of 2017 agree that Bryant prepared them for success
Where Our Students Go
Graduates of our multiple-track programs are prepared for a wide array of opportunities, including careers in the health sciences, biomedical research, physical therapy, biotechnology, pharmaceutical science, environmental biology, food science and industrial research.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished Biology alumni to explore different paths.
- Secure a Biology internship, available in various sectors, through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities with recruiters from 400+ prestigious organizations at on-campus career fairs.
- Health Education Awareness Leaders participant
- Colleges Against Cancer member
- Active Minds member
- IDEA mentor as an Omicron Delta Kappa member
- Health Education Awareness Leader (HEAL)
- Sophomore International Experience
- Study abroad during your junior year
- Research and Engagement Day presenter
- Honors Program member
- Develop antibacterial compounds that hold promise in the fight against drug-resistant bacterial infections
- Be a research assistant in Bryant's Microbial Glycomics Lab
Our talented faculty include award-winning researchers, authors, a molecular biologist studying hox genes in cancer development, and mentors with experience in biomedical research, computational neuroscience research, and antibacterial compound development. Among them is:
Professor of Science and Technology; Department Chair