Research and experiential learning opportunities offered through our integrative and applied Biology program prepare you to excel in your chosen path. Offered as a major and minor.
Accomplished educators guide you as you create your path among the five tracks of our Biology major: General Biology, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Pre-Health, Research Intensive, or Ecology and Conservation. Work closely with faculty in small classes and state-of-the-art labs usually reserved only for graduate students at larger schools. Join graduates succeeding in medical, dental, and pharmacy schools; doctoral programs; and in health sciences careers.
WATCH: Professor Kirsten Hokeness, Ph.D., describes what makes our Biology program stand out.
- Benefit from one-on-one mentoring and guidance from our inspiring expert faculty.
- Start working toward attaining direct patient contact hours required for some post-graduate programs by taking an EMT course as early as freshman year.
- Closely collaborate with a faculty mentor on research that you'll have the opportunity to publish and present at regional and national conferences.
- Participate in 10-week paid summer fellowships and engage with scientists at other area universities and research hospitals on real-world research funded by the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, and NASA.
- The quality of our Biology program results in a large percentage of graduates going on to top graduate and pre-professional schools.
- Special agreements guarantee you interviews with Western New England School of Pharmacy and Bryant's Physician Assistant program.
- A strong foundation integrating business, STEM fields and the liberal arts develops critical 21st century skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Every student graduates with a major and a complementary minor, gaining a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through experiential learning.
- Whether you begin a career or continue your education after graduation, Bryant credentials prepare impact thinkers who are in high demand and prepared to contribute and make a difference.
The Bryant Difference
99 percent of Bryant graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
U.S. News & World Report 2023 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 7 in the Regional Universities North category.
Top 1% ROI
For lifetime earnings and ROI -- Georgetown University CEW
Where Our Students Go
Graduates of our multiple-track programs are prepared for a wide array of opportunities, including careers in the health sciences, biomedical research, physical therapy, biotechnology, pharmaceutical science, environmental biology, food science and industrial research.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished Biology alumni to explore different paths.
- Secure a Biology internship, available in various sectors, through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities with recruiters from 400+ prestigious organizations at on-campus career fairs.
- Health Education Awareness Leaders participant
- Colleges Against Cancer member
- Active Minds member
- IDEA mentor as an Omicron Delta Kappa member
- Health Education Awareness Leader (HEAL)
- Sophomore International Experience
- Study abroad during your junior year
- Research and Engagement Day presenter
- Honors Program member
- Develop antibacterial compounds that hold promise in the fight against drug-resistant bacterial infections
- Be a research assistant in Bryant's Microbial Glycomics Lab
Our talented faculty include award-winning educators, mentors, researchers, and authors, with expertise in biomedical research, computational neuroscience research, molecular biology, and antibacterial compound development. Among them is:
Professor of Science and Technology; Department Chair