Applied Mathematics and Statistics
Learn from distinguished faculty who are accomplished educators and among the best analytical thinkers in the country. Offered as a major.
You will be inspired to excel in today’s data-driven environment at Bryant, one of only 7 undergraduate universities worldwide to offer the SAS® Certificate in data mining. Develop the skills and knowledge required to solve real-world problems by applying mathematical principles.
- Work closely with faculty on collaborative research that you present at regional and national conferences.
- Develop an understanding of mathematical and statistical concepts along with computer skills for business applications.
- Select seven major electives as you define a path that is narrowly or broadly focused.
- Engage in supervised internships where you apply theories and principles learned in the classroom.
- Earn your SAS Certificate in data mining, a prestigious professional designation that establishes competitive advantage.
- A strong liberal arts foundation develops critical thinking and communication skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Your business minor will be a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through real-world projects
- Whether you pursue grad school or begin a career after graduation, the credentials of your major and minor distinguish you.
The Bryant Difference
Median starting salary of Bryant’s Class of 2018 graduates.
College Factual 2019 ranks Bryant's Applied Mathematics program No. 9 in the country, No. 5 "most focused" - providing a variety of resources that may provide "a better education in this area" – and No. 3 best value.
Bryant 2018 graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
Where are Students Go
Our visionary Applied Mathematics and Statistics graduates are making a difference in business, nonprofit and government organizations, and go on prestigious graduate programs.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
Shadow and network with accomplished Applied Mathematics and Statistics, Applied Analytic, and Actuarial alumni to explore different paths.
Secure Applied Mathematics and Statistics, Applied Analytic, and Actuarial internships, available in a variety of industries, through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
Discuss career opportunities from 400+ prestigious firms at on-campus college fairs.
Special Olympics volunteer
Sophomore International Experience
Study abroad during your junior year
Collaborate with faculty on original research
Research and Engagement Day panelist
Our esteemed faculty include award-winning educators and dedicated mentors who have had success in the fields they teach and in research. They include a former chief statistician at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, founding co-directors of the Advance Applied Analytics Center, and a recent SAS educator of the year. Among them is:
Professor of Mathematics; Mathematics Department Chair